The Shanghai Tower is a 128-story, 632-meter-tall (2,073 ft) mega tall skyscraper in Lujiazui, Pudong, Shanghai. It is the tallest building in China and the world’s third-tallest building by height to architectural top. The tower is tallest and largest LEED Platinum certified building in the world since 2015. It shares the record (along with the Ping An Finance Center) of having the world’s highest observation deck within a building or structure at 562 m.
Why this landmark is so popular?
The Shanghai Tower is a popular landmark for a number of reasons. It is the tallest building in China and the third tallest building in the world, making it a must-see for any visitor to Shanghai. The building is also a marvel of engineering, and it is a testament to the ingenuity of the Chinese people. The Tower is a symbol of China’s rise as a global power, and it is a reminder of the country’s commitment to innovation and progress.
History of Shanghai Tower in China
Construction on the Shanghai Tower began in November 2008 and was completed in September 2015. The building was design by Gensler and is own by the Shanghai Municipal Government.
When was the Shanghai Tower built?
The tallest building was built between 2008 and 2015. Construction began on November 29, 2008, and the building was topped out on August 4, 2013. The exterior was complete in summer 2015, and work was consider complete in September 2014. The observation deck opened to the public in July 2016.
Owners & Developers
The tower was built by a consortium of Chinese and international construction companies, including Shanghai Construction Group, China State Construction Engineering Corporation, and Turner Construction Company.
What are some of the challenges that were faced during the construction of Shanghai Tower in China?
The building is a marvel of engineering, but it was not without its challenges. Here are some of the challenges that were face during the construction of the tallest building:
The soil: The soil at the site of the tower is very soft, which made it difficult to build a foundation that could support the weight of the building.
The wind: Shanghai is a city with strong winds, which posed a challenge for the engineers who designed the tower. The building had to be designed to withstand winds of up to 200 miles per hour.
The height: The building is the third tallest building in the world, which posed a challenge for the construction workers who built it. The workers had to use special equipment and techniques to build the building at such a height.
Shanghai Tower in China Location
The tower is located in the Lujiazui Financial District of Shanghai, China. It situates on the east bank of the Huangpu River, across from the Bund.
Why is the location of Shanghai Tower in China so important?
The location of the Shanghai Tower in China is important for a number of reasons. First, the building is located in the Lujiazui Financial District of Shanghai, which is one of the most important financial centers in the world. This means that the hotel is easily accessible to businesses and financial institutions. Second, the building is located on the east bank of the Huangpu River, which provides stunning views of the city. This makes the tower a popular tourist destination. Third, the building locates in a seismically active region, which means that it was design to withstand earthquakes. This makes the building a safe and secure place to work and live.
Facilities & Amenities
The Shanghai Tower is a truly remarkable building. It is a symbol of China’s rise as a global power, and it is a model for sustainable development. The building is a must-see for any visitor to Shanghai.
- Observation deck: The tower observation deck is located on the 100th floor of the building. It offers panoramic views of Shanghai, including the Bund, the Oriental Pearl Tower, and the Jin Mao Tower.
- Skywalk: The building skywalk is located on the 118th floor of the building. It is a 250-meter-long glass-bottom walkway that offers stunning views of the city.
- Hotel: The tower is home to a 150-room hotel. The hotel has a variety of restaurants, bars, and lounges.
- Shopping mall: The building is home to a 200,000-square-foot (19,000 m2) shopping mall. The mall has a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Conference center: The hotel is home to a 100,000-square-foot (9,300 m2) conference center. The conference center can accommodate up to 2,000 people.
In addition to these facilities and amenities, the Shanghai Tower also has a number of other features, including:
- A green roof that helps to reduce stormwater runoff
- A wind turbine that generates electricity
- A rainwater collection system that provides water for irrigation
- A recycling program that helps to reduce waste
What are some of the activities and attractions that are available at Shanghai Tower in China?
- Visit the observation deck for panoramic views of Shanghai
- Take a walk on the skywalk for even more stunning views
- Visit the museum to learn about the history of building and the construction of the tower
- Shop at the shopping mall for a variety of goods and services
- Have a meal at one of the restaurants, including a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Attend a conference or event at the conference center
In conclusion, the Shanghai Tower is a stunning example of modern architecture. It is a must-see for any visitor to Shanghai. The building is a marvel of engineering, and it is a testament to the ingenuity of the Chinese people. The tower is a symbol of China’s rise as a global power, and it is a reminder of the country’s commitment to innovation and progress.
The building is also a LEED Platinum certified building, which means that it meets the highest standards of sustainability. The building uses recycled materials and energy-efficient appliances, and it has a green roof that helps to reduce storm water runoff. The tower is a model for sustainable development, and it shows that it is possible to build beautiful and environmentally friendly buildings.
For More, Please Visit Plotperty